Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, October 5, 2009

WITH NEW EYES

Wow! Did you know that the sky is as brilliantly blue as the gorgeous marble we see hanging in space from the shuttle window, and that the clouds are hung in the sky on various ribbons of air that stream across the sky? Did you also know that the span of your vision can spread out beyond your central view to include the periphery all around you? I thought I knew, but I didn’t. Some of you know that I had cataract surgery on each eye in the last few weeks. Since then, all of these new visual blessings have flooded my eyes with amazement. My eye doctor tells me I have better than 20/20 vision in my right eye and nearly that in my left. I need little tiny readers for reading. But what really amazes me, is another phenomenon. Many times a day, my thought is, I’d better go get my glasses or I won’t be able to see what I’m doing. I was so blind and dependent on my glasses for so many years, my habits and self-talk tell me I still need them in order to be able to see. That is the lie of my thinking, not the truth of my sight. It seems to me, that may also be how I am with God. The truth of God’s promise is that I can see Him walking with me in every scene of my day and receive his blessing and power in every circumstance of my life. But, the lie of my wayward habits and the constant disbelief of my internal chatter is that I don’t have the proper glasses, the open eyes, to see Him. The truth of this life with Christ is that we can see Him, in fact we DO see Him every day, but we believe the lie of the world that says, Of course you cannot see God. Who do you think you are? The world, however, does not define me, God does. And, He tells me I am His precious child, inheritor of all He has, through His grace and the blood of the lamb, Jesus Christ. If we are going to live in the Kingdom of God, then we have to believe the King, not the lies of the other world. Let us pray:

“Our father God, King of my Kingdom and lover of my soul, you are Holy beyond anything my poor mind can imagine or my physical eyes can see. I ask this very day that you open a special door into your Kingdom where the blind in spirit, like me, can enter. I know with my whole heart, that once inside, my eyes will be open and I will be able to see without the world’s glasses of deception and lies. I have seen with new eyes what color and beauty is in your world and I know that is only a veiled glimpse of Your true glory. I close my eyes now and step through the portal of belief and into your Kingdom! Words cannot express the beauty of your world since your Kingdom is outside of the world’s experience and expression. Thank you, thank you, my God, for opening the eyes of my heart, that I may see you. You are more than all I could have ever imagined. I thank you and praise your Holy name. I pray that I may dwell in your Kingdom forever. In the name of your son, my Savior, Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”
Doris
“Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment