Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 9, 2009

VETERANS OF THE SOUL WARS

As the storm clouds continue to gather, here and abroad, we recognize Wednesday as Veterans Day. All of us thank them for their service and sacrifice. They are all our heros, whether they have been in combat or non combat zones. They were willing to sacrifice their time and plans to serve the rest of us, and some sacrificed their lives in the process. May the Lord God richly bless them and their families.

The storm however, threatens all of us. The darkness is pleased when we choose anything less than the best from our Lord. Shades of gray are still black at the base. Black is the absence of color, devoid of everything bright and beautiful. White is the presence of all color, brilliant and beaming with all that is good. To compromise our beliefs is to choose a gray life, which may lead to no life at all. Knowing what you believe is the helmet for battle, protecting your head from bombardment by false teachings. Knowledge comes from God’s Word, the Bible. Accepting Christ is the breastplate of armor, protecting your heart and soul from piercing by Satan. We are at such as time as this, when we cannot be just weekend warriors for Christ. That leaves five days a week when our backs are not covered by fellow soldiers for Christ; when we have left the field manual for battle, our Bible, in the church pew; and when we ignore the orders from the General, our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ. Let us take up our sword of righteous and follow the leading light of Jesus in the battle for our very soul. Let us pray:

“Holy, heavenly Father, you are the Captain of my battleship in the war of this world and the next. I humbly accept your leadership and place you at the helm of my life. I ask for your presence in my life, each and every day, so that I may choose the saving daily battle-plan. Forgive me when I have tried to take the lead in navigating my way through life, when I don’t even know the way you are leading. Forgive me when I have refused to see the seriousness of the war front at which I stand. Pretending that the battle is not raging around me will not make it go away, nor will it save my soul from death. Only you have the power to save me from the darkness and my own pretense. Give me your salvation, insight, strength, courage, and power to take my stand at the wall, so that evil will not find a breach where I am stationed. In the name of your precious son, my Savior, Lord and hero, Jesus Christ I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment