Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FOLLOW THAT STAR

I crept along behind a lightweight truck that was zigzagging wildly across the road in front of me. The highway was covered with ice with a white dusting of snow on top that hid the danger beneath. I had to drive to a meeting just north of Indianapolis, eighty-nine miles from home. I saw several cars in the ditch but the one behind me caused me more concern. A large semi truck swerved off to the side at an intersection I had just eased through. I had put myself in God’s hands and arrived safely, more than two hours from my safe and dry home.

Our walk with God is similar. When we are called to follow, we know the end destination, but have no idea what we will encounter along the way, neither the dangers nor the blessings. We hesitate and think we will only follow the Lord after we have figured out all the problems and solved the obstacles along the way. Just like the wise men who followed a brilliant star, we are called to follow through our dessert, trusting in God to keep us safe while on our way. Let us all remember during this Christmas season, as Christians, we too are star followers. Let us pray:

“Oh Father God, you hung the stars in place and created the world with the power of your spoken word; Holy is your name. I pray that your presence may come to dwell within us, as your physical presence came to a lowly stable two-thousand years ago, drawing your people to Heaven. Sadness overwhelms us as we see your people turning their backs on you while families, our country, and the world are going through very difficult times. I pray that today, in such a time as this, we may have the courage to follow you. We accept that we will never be perfect people, only obedient travelers. As Star Followers, we gladly accept the baton from the walker ahead of us, not knowing what we will encounter along the way. We eagerly anticipate your blessings and the exquisiteness of your solutions to the problems we will encounter. We put on the comfortable sandals worn by your son, our Savior Jesus, and begin the miracle of walking in Christ’s footsteps, lighted only by your star dust. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment