Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 22, 2010

BE THANKFUL

Rev. David Jeremiah was preaching as we drove to church yesterday. His message was on thankfulness for our plenty. His exact words are fuzzy. You may want to look up his statistics but it went something like this. “If you have any money in a checking account, any bills at all in your wallet, some change in a small dish in your house or car, you are among the 8% of the world’s wealthy.” And, we think we don’t have enough . . . of most anything.

Let us begin a new life of enough, plenty, and extravagant generosity! We have just come though a time in our history of high wages and good jobs. We spent most all of it, saved little, and helped few. Now we are back to God with our hands out. The sad part is, There is never enough!

There is never enough unless God is at the center of our life. There is enough with God. Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, moves in, fills every empty spot and chinks every hole in our heart.

A needy, selfish heart will hold fast the door, opening it only with a tribute or ransom. “Give me what I want and I will believe you and open the door.” A thankful heart will sing, “Thank you Lord for each of my blessings, the large and the smallest brush of your presence on my cheek. Fill me completely with your love and peace. Let me pass that peace on to others.” Let us pray:

“Dear Lord and Father of my life, I lift up your name in praise and worship. Holy are you and worth of praise. May your kingdom come swiftly and fill me completely, that I may be a living temple in which your Spirit may dwell. I know I am unworthy and can do nothing to earn your grace. Jesus, my Savior, has paid my price. This Thanksgiving season, Father, may I be aware of the richness of your presence, priceless beyond number and pilled high enough to reach all the way to Heaven. Forgive me when I have been careless with the gifts you have given me. May this Thanksgiving restart my journey home, aware of the awesome responsibility of being a disciple of Jesus. Ever step I take, leaves a footprint for another, every misstep leads another astray. Make my way clear, your voice heard, and the guideposts along my way bright. I am truly thankful for all your blessings. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2010 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment