Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 3, 2011

THIRD DAY

Did you make it to the third day? This is the third of January, have you broken your New Year’s Resolution yet? It seems to me a resolution for an entire year is just another way to feel guilty about something! I have another idea.

Make 2011 the year you give your life over to God. His resolve will flow through you, rather than your trying to recreate yourself on your own. Matthew 6:33 tells us: “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” (English Standard Version 2001). Let us pray:

“Father God, you sent your Love, your Peace, Your Song to earth in the form of a child, the Christ. Holy, holy, holy is your name. I make no resolution to be this or do that. I give my life over to you that you may do and be, within me, whatever is your plan. I don’t even ask that you create a plan or a purpose in me. I ask that I may be used as part of your plan and your purpose within you, for the work you have to do. Forgive me when I have been self-centered and asked you to bless my desires. May the desires of my heart be those that first dwelled in yours. Let me be a blessing to someone each day and don’t let me know when, or with whom, or under what circumstances it may happen, so I cannot claim responsibility for the work you do in another’s heart. Only you are holy. Only you are worthy, Only you do I follow. In the name of your blessed son, Jesus, the babe of Bethlehem, my Lord, I pray. Amen.”
Doris
Again - Have a Blessed and Abiding New Year!

“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

Order Prayer Therapy Primer, by Doris Gaines Rapp, at www.bn.com. An eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment