Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, April 3, 2011

PRIDE GOETH BEFORE A FALL . . . Proverbs 16: 18

Those of you who know me well are aware that I can be a daydreamer! I am currently putting together plans to launch LENGTH OF DAYS in October. It is a novel that takes place in 2112. So, I visualize as I plan.

I was thinking how great it would be to present my book on a national television program. Then, the words “close up” came to mind. So, again I thought, maybe I could use pieces of surgical tape to pull my face into a do-it-yourself facelift and then conceal the tape under my hair, thus hiding the fact that I am not a futuristic groupie. Then, the words “close up” crossed my mind again and I saw those tape strips pop loose and my face falls into my lap in front of Oprah or Greta Van Susteren!

Hmm, was that the image of God’s servant, who had written the book He had given me, that He would want the world to see? Not so much! Pride certainly does go before a fall and to avoid those stumbles perhaps I would better represent His family if I lived an honest life in all ways possible. Let us pray:

“Father God, who sees all that we are and loves us anyway, we praise your holy name! You are amazing and I too often want others to think I am the one to be admired. In your kingdom, we are all beautiful and energetic and full of your love and light. Glory be to God! I ask this day that we see you in ourselves. What a close up that would be! May we present You to the world boldly, while ridding ourselves of self-pride. May we act with confidence as we create and carry throughout the endeavors you have for us, for they are not our plans but yours. Give us the courage to speak up, speak out, and speak love to the world around us. Holy are you and your son Jesus, the Christ, in whom we pray. May all praise and glory go to you. I want only to bask in the glory of your light like a day of sunshine on a sandy beach. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment