Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, July 18, 2011

NO INNER GEEK

God watches over those with absolutely no geek genes! And, thankfully for me, I experienced that blessing.

BookWise Publishing in Utah is having a Blogger Book Party this week, featuring a different category of book each day. They asked if I would like to have my book, Length of Days - The Age of Silence, featured with the other fiction books on Tuesday—tomorrow. I just needed to enter a post about the book on my blog on Tuesday and direct people to my website where they could get more information about the book and how to order it. Wow!—only that!

Besides this Prayer Therapy blog that I post to every Monday, I have an author blog, and a website. The problem was, neither site was current and since the book would not be released until September 5, I had no way to offer it.

But, God is God and is always faithful to those he gives a task. He guided my hands every day as I typed the book he gave me; I knew he would provide a way to get my sites ready. The blog was no problem, just a ton of time to update it. But the website! I had to install Paypal purchasing ability, and ordering and shipping information. However, (1) I had no extra money to hire someone to complete the website; so, (2) I had to do it myself, without a single geek gene in my entire body. Not one! But, God is faithful to the faithful. He led me by the hand, step-by-step, not knowing what to click, or what to do. I just followed blindly (totally) through template-type instructions until it was done. I even ordered my own book, just to make sure everything worked properly. It did!

My friends, don’t let perfectly good excuses keep you from following through on the task God calls you to do. If he calls, he will whisper in your ear until it is accomplished. Let us pray:

“Father God, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus. We pray that your kingdom expands within us, that a world of You may be our home, where your will is done. Guide us as we follow your call, so we may complete the tasks you give us, even without all the tools or talents to accomplish it. Forgive us when we have heard your call, then did not trust you to guide us through, because we could not see the path clearly. We had surrendered the lead to you, only to snatch it back again. Give us the courage to follow faithfully. May all glory and honor and praise go to you, God. In the name of your precious son, Jesus, we pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment