Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, August 18, 2011

PRAYING FOR YOU

I’ve been thinking about you. Professional demands interfered with our usual Monday prayer time. But, I want you to know, I’m thinking about you and praying for you and your loved ones.

There was a senior church member in our church in the Mesilla Valley of New Mexico. One Sunday he said, “I visited your home last night and prayed for you.”

“Jules, you weren’t at our house yesterday,” I reminded gently.

“Yes, I was. As I prayed for each of you, in my mind, I saw each one of you, touched you and asked God to bless you.” Wow!

Even though we missed our Monday prayer time, I want you to know I am praying for you too. Every one of us needs the blessings of our Lord. I know because I receive requests for prayer every week. We are either out of work, underemployed, physically sick, going through mental turmoil, have family problems, are lonely and sad, or we know someone who is. That is the nature of living in this world. In the Kingdom of God, we can find healing, peace, encouragement, hope, love, fellowship, rest for our souls, salvation and eternal life! No matter how you are hurting, know that I am praying for you today. Let us pray:

“Holy Father, lover of my soul, I bow before your precious name. I pray this day that, though I live in the world of pain and pressure, I may open the door to your Kingdom and dwell there with dual citizenship. I know I cannot owe my loyalty to the world and to you at the same time. That is not the duality of which I pray. Let me recognize that, while my feet are firmly planted on this soil, I am not soiled by it, for my heart and faith are in you. There are those who are in pain in many aspects of their lives: personal, family relationships, and professional. Your presence lifts the pain and gives us light, even while we walk through darkness. For this light and presence I pray, in the name of, and by the power of Jesus, your son and my redeemer. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment