Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, September 26, 2011

FLASH! BANG!

“I’ve been hit!” My thoughts raced as I drove down I-69 on Saturday afternoon in a welcomed down pour. I was on my way home from a Christian women’s meeting and felt blessed. Dark clouds had been gathering overhead all day, then the rain hit, fast . . . blinding. Then, it happened. There was a quick, blinding flash outside the car beside me and a simultaneous BANG, followed instantly by a quick “sizz” sound up the driver’s side of the car and window. I knew immediately. I had been struck by lightening!

At home, I jumped out of the car and searched the door and side panels for any evidence of the strike. I saw nothing unusual. I was thankful I had just gotten new tires a few weeks ago. There had been plenty of rubber between me and the bolt from the sky.

I thought about how God had blessed me that day. There had been an inspirational meeting in the morning and early afternoon, and safe passage for me until I reached home again, in spite of the electricity in the air. Just like the rubber grounded me safely to the pavement, God had grounded me safely to Him as well.

Do we make sure our spiritual tires are refreshed each day? Is there a thick layer of prayer power between us and the world? Is the air we breathe, like the thoughts we entertain, pure and holy unto God? We live in a world of thunder bolts and lightening jolts. Let us ride above the road, in the safe round embrace of His grace and love. Let us pray:

“Father God, we hold your name in reverence. For we know, when we call upon your name, blessings rain down on those we name. You are more awesome than we could ever imagine and your name has more power than we will ever know. We take this moment today to thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed on us, the protection you have given to us and our loved ones, and the blessed fellowship you have so generously given. Forgive us when we believe that peace is something we can work toward or acquire on our own. Peace comes when we find our rest in you. In your loving arms, we are protected from the dangers around us. We are not childish enough to believe that bad things will not happen to those who love you. We thank you that you protect our soul from the evil one at all times, until you bring us safely home to you. For all of these blessings, we thank you, and pray for continued rest in the hollow of your hand. In the precious name of Jesus Christ, our savior, we pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment