Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 14, 2011

THE MARTYR WARS

I resigned last week from a committee on which I have enjoyed serving. That hurt deeply. But, I had to listen to another rational, God’s logic. I had become so busy, I couldn’t even get to the grocery, or balance my checkbook, or take care of my own health. I know, your argument is, “Just look at all those ‘my’ words.” But, God puts us in trust over all aspects of our lives, not just service to others. That’s where the martyr wars come in.

It does little good to try to explain to lazy people how busy you are. There is absolutely no frame of reference where an active life is concerned. And, there is no need to try to explain to busy people how overwhelmed you have become. They will try to one-up you on every argument. “Oh I know, I remember when my life was as calm as yours. Last week I was in Timbuktu and all points in between,” as if busy equaled worthy. There is no way to win the martyr wars.

Pray about your time management and then make a decision. You really do not need agreement or validation from anyone else except God. You are the only one who can get control of your health, your family nurturance, your career, and your service to the Lord. True service to Him happens wherever you are, not just in specific high-profile positions.

The Lord blessed me with wonderful, caring people who served on that committee. From different, non-collaborative sources, came a message, uniquely spoken but nevertheless in unison, “I am so sorry you are resigning but I respect your need to lighten your load. May others have the discernment to identify when their plate is full.” Let us pray that each of us recognizes when we are dancing for others and when we are dancing for the Lord.

“Holy Father, Love divine, who created each of us to walk beside you on our way home, we praise your Holy, precious name. May your full kingdom come to live within us that Paradise may be truly at hand. We pray this very day to take on your holiness, that we may be your hands and feet and heart wherever you lead us. We ask not for recognition by man, but that you will recognize our soul and draw us ever closer to you. How we live our lives is so much more important than where we live our lives. We ask for your light to shine in all our dark places so that we may know your will for us, and quietly go about bringing your love to all those we meet. We pray that you will use us to touch others in some way each day. However, we do not want to know when it happens, with whom it happens, or under what circumstances it happens, because all Glory must go to you and not be corrupted by the world. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and our redeemer-brother we pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment