Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 20, 2012

IN ALL YOUR WAYS

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6 NIV (copyright 1984)

I had just completed my Monday morning prayer. Then, I lost it all with the stroke of a key and for a moment, I flew through all five stages of grief and loss: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Can you believe it? A few hours composing a tribute to God is not a loss. If others couldn’t read it, perhaps it is a blessing. Maybe they were words that I alone needed to hear.

The Bible verse was the same—Proverbs 3: 5-6. Perhaps I had trusted in myself to write a cleaver piece when I wrote the first one. Maybe I had not acknowledged him in all my ways. God’s lessons are simple and not intended to be creative and complicated. "Trust in the Lord." "Love one another." "I am the way." But, many of us look for a deeper, more complicated meaning to Christ’s teachings. We just cannot let go and accept the simple truth of God’s grace, his forgiveness and his love.

We don’t even have to understand it. "Lean not on your own understanding." We are to "acknowledge him," accept his guidance, and our way will be directed by the glorious God himself. What an adventure! We daily walk on a path that has no map, just a holy guide. Let us pray:

"Father God, our sure and true guide, we bow before you. You alone are holy and lovely. May this be the day I lay down my elaborate plans and walk your path of holiness and peace. Though I do not know the way, your voice will whisper in my ear and keep my way straight. If it is your will, may I be one of your people-gatherers, collecting believers for you as I walk along the way. And for the blessing of your guidance, I will acknowledge you as my one true Lord and guide. Fill me with your Holy Spirit that I may learn your lessons written in your word, from my soul out. In the name of Jesus your son and my redeemer, I pray. Amen"
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment