Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 17, 2012

DEPARTURE DAY

"So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child." Luke 2:4 (NIV © 1984)

Maybe you’re a marathon runner or a speed walker. I am not. Some days, it’s hard to think about walking out to the mailbox. Perhaps, I could motorize my LazyBoy. Mary and Joseph walked ninety-three miles. If they started today, they would just about make it from Nazareth to Bethlehem by December 25, given Mary’s pregnancy and her need for rest and nourishment. Could I have done that? Absolutely not. But, God can.

Can you imagine what your life would be like if you turned it over to God as Mary did? What if you accepted the successful life he has planned for you?—success as defined by God. A life lived completely within his will. You don’t even have to be able to walk the path. God will find a way to make your trip complete. It isn’t the energy you put into the walking. It is the total willingness and commitment to travel along the Way.

Today is departure day—not just a day to begin a journey, although a journey it is, but a day to take a different path, a departure from the expected. Choose to walk with God. You will arrive on Christmas Day with starlight in your eyes, Angels’ songs in your ears, and a new life in God in your heart. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, light of the world, bright and shining star, I bow before your holy name. May your kingdom be established in my heart today. I turn my life over to you. May this day be my departure day, like that of Mary and Joseph, not knowing what to expect, but expecting you to know the way. Forgive me for the many times I have committed my life to you and then snatched it back from the light, to live in the shadows again. I love you Lord, and have decided to let you lead the way. In the holy, precious name of Jesus, your son, our Christmas Child, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." 
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment