Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pearls on Monday - (Living-love-lavishly)

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6 (NIV © 1984 Biblica)

God’s truth and wisdom are like precious pearls to the loving heart. Christians usually spend Sunday in worship where they string their spiritual beads on charged and recharged threads of love. On Monday, many must return to the world, where their jewels of great price may not be respected.

Jesus told us not to throw pearls before swine. Guard your treasures, the words of great price, when you are in the world where others may choose not to listen. In stead, share the practice of truth. Show don’t tell.

Living-love-lavishly is "heard" more than words. Jesus taught his truths through stories called parables. Our lives are living parables that bear witness to what God has done for us when we believe. Now, go and be one of Christ’s pearly parables, living-love-lavishly. Let us pray:

"Abba, God, I sit at your feet in worship of you, for you only are holy. Please, come and build an outpost of your love in my heart, that I might love those around me into a relationship with you. I ask that you teach me to guard the priceless jewels you have given me, from those who may deny your truths or wipe the dirt of the streets on them. I know I have one gem to pass on to others, my witness—my own story that tells of the grace, love, forgiveness and salvation you have done in my life. Let me show your blessings to those around me. Keep me humble and loving, so that only you shine through. In the name of Jesus, your son, the pure example of a life-lived-lavishly for you, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp  

For children and teens, go to:
http://www.directbuybooks.comhttp://inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment