Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Shouts Fade

"A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, ‘Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!’" Matthew 21: 8-9 (NIV © 2011)

On Palm Sunday, they shouted accolades before him and spread palm branches in his path. Their long awaited Messiah had come. He healed the blind and lame and taught of God’s forgiving love. Then, the shouts faded. They might have even asked, "What have you done for me today, Lord?"

Life continues after the shouts. The football hero breaks a leg; the prom queen’s beauty matures; the children grow up; and a beloved spouse dies. Some of us believe "all is lost" when the life we have planned for ourselves fades and dies. They refuse to let "new life begin."

As we read our devotions leading up to Good Friday and Easter, may we always remember, after the shouts, it is not the end—it is the beginning! Jesus could not have overcome death, to become the Christ, if he had not died. The promise of eternal life for all of us could not have been possible if Jesus had not first created the path and marked the trail.

We all have lost someone: a parent, a spouse, a child or a friend. We have also lost something: a coveted job, a shinny trophy, or a dream. But, there is life on the other side, a life more beautiful than we can ever imagine if we let Jesus Christ become our Savior. When we grow in the love and salvation of God, we see life spread out before us, even after the shouts fade. Will we be "children of God" or adults, and accept the work he has for us? Let us pray:

"Holy father, Jesus Christ, experienced death so that I might have life. May I be brave enough to take up my life after my dream fades. May I embrace the unknown, unplanned life you have always had for me. Then, the exciting life of a discipleship begins. I shouted, "Hosanna in the highest heaven!’" yesterday. Today I implore, "Lead me Lord! May I be of use to you in the tiny corner of the world in which I live. May I not know when it happens or under what circumstances, so that I may not boast. Only you are worthy of praise and glory, Father. Let life after the shouts, begin for me today. In the name of Jesus, the Christ, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

For children and teens, go to: http://inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment