Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, May 13, 2013

When It Is What It Is

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV © 2011)

How many times do you waste energy grieving over, or fighting with, what simply— "Is?"

"But, it shouldn’t be this way!"
"I know it could be different!"
"Why are people so dumb?"
"Why did they make it that way?"
"What were they thinking?"
"Common sense tells you— "

Why do you use your precious energy and logic trying to figure out something that is illogical? Why worry about what is not when you could step-over that obstacle and move on to what is?

Thomas Edison would never have invented the incandescent light bulb if he argued over why the first one didn’t work. He would have refused to move on until he had "out thought" the flawed design. He simply accepted that which did not work and improved on it until it did.

Rule out the impossible so you can embrace the possible. Accept God’s response of "No," or "Not now," and open yourself to the greater possibilities He has in mind for you. When you remain angry over why things aren’t the way you think they should be, you miss all the ways in which they can be. Embrace God’s plan for your life and your family, and possibilities will bloom around you like the flowers of spring. Let us pray:

"Oh Loving Father, you have so many miracles, so many glorious possibilities, for me that I would live each day in amazement if I actually took time to notice them all. I am so sorry that I don’t see your will for my life because I am angry and disappointed with you for not giving me what I want, in the time and manner in which I want it. I too often do not accept what is. Teach me to give thanks in all things, because those things are more precious than the most valuable jewels. Yet, I have cast aside diamonds because I was searching for coal. Open my heart and life to all that you have for me. I accept your will for my life this very day. Glory be to you, Father God, for you are all that is life and love. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son and my redeemer, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

It’s now Available! Escape from the Belfry - a young adult novel full of adventure is now available to order at www.archwaypublishing.com , www.amazon.com , www.bn.com , and through your local bookstore - just ask them to order it from Archway Publishing. The Archway Bookstore is very new but not as new as my book, Escape from the Belfry. You can order it from Archway Publishing at (888) 242-5904. It will take a few more weeks before their "Buy Me" buttons are in place on their website bookstore. Just call. ENJOY!

For children and teens, go to: www.inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment