Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 16, 2013

REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS

Yesterday was the Third Sunday in Advent. Within most traditional churches it is called Gaudete Sunday because the introit for the mass of that Sunday begins with the words, “Gaudete in Domino semper: iterum dico, gaudete.” It is set apart from the Advent Candle Wreath by its color - pink. The theme emphasizes the great joy over the coming of the Lord and is taken from Philippians.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.”  Philippians 4:4-5 (NIV)

I know how busy you are. The Christmas season is one of the greatest stressors we have. While, it should be the greatest JOY we will ever experience.

If shopping is keeping you from the love of the Lord, then address that failing in whatever way is right for you and the Lord. If baking and cookie making frazzles your nerves, let the bakery on the corner deal with that. If family stresses you, embrace them rather than trying to change them. Let this be the Christmas that Joy comes into your life. While you go about your days between now and Christmas Day, I ask you to repeat these words:

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! The Lord is near.”  Let us pray:

“Holy Father, who brought Joy rather than sorrow, Life instead of death, Light over darkness,  Love above hate and Song rather than crying into the world, I lift up my hands to you in praise.
May this be the year that true Christmas comes to everyone, even to me, that your kingdom may truly be ushered into my life. Forgive me for every time you have drawn near and I have turned away, to focus on the tinsel around me. This season, Father God, I choose you and your son Jesus, the Christ of Christmas. May I have the privilege of bringing your Joy to those around me, because indeed, the Lord is near. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

News!  Escape from the Belfry will be available at Cokesbury: www.cokesbury.com  tomorrow.
Or, order at  www.archwaypublishing.com bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment