Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 21, 2014

Convince a Salesman of Jesus with "Christ-Share"

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8: 38-39 (NIV)

Okay, okay, I made a mistake. For some reason beyond reason, I started to fill out a survey on my laptop. Finally, I realized it was just a fishing trip to gain information so they could call my home and try to sell me something. I closed the survey and hoped for the best.

During the last presidential election, we had floods of phone calls soliciting for political donations. Once, after we had a flood of calls that day, I said, "Lady, this is the forty-seventh call asking for political support today. Please, take us off your lists."

The last three calls on Friday, three days ago, were to help us sell our timeshare. The problem with that generous offer of assistance was, we owned a Florida condo which we sold, not a timeshare. After the same company called for the third time today, my patience had grown thin. I thought I’d take a different stance.

"Your company has already called me twice today," I began. Then, peace flooded me as I thought of another approach. I decided to "sell" them something. "Let me tell you about this Holy time of the year. Today is Good Friday when our Lord Jesus was arrested, beaten, died and rose again from the dead a few days later, on Easter Sunday. Please, put in your computer that we have never owned a timeshare so no one else has to call. Have a blessed Easter. Thank you for calling."

There was silence on the other end, but not like "dead air." It was more like they had heard and were speechless to respond. Rather than feeling angry about the repeated phone call, I felt at peace and, as strange as it may seem, I felt a connection with the man. I really did want him to have a blessed Easter!

This next political season, I believe I will take the approach I did today with the timeshare salesman. I think I’ll call it Christ-share. I will bless them and wish them well and tell them a little about the passion of my life - my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Remember, when a salesperson places an unsolicited call, they are not providing a service you have requested. So, seize the opportunity and conversation. Convince them of Jesus. Practice a few lines of testimony before they have time to hang up and let the love of God and the peace of Jesus flood their ears and bless their day. Let us pray:

"Father God, you are the only voice I seek to hear while noise bombards my ears. Thank you for speaking love within my heart. I do not have to be annoyed when others chatter on with nonsense I neither need nor seek. Let me calm down and speak love to them instead. Give me the calm assurance to speak truth to commercial fluff and love to an angry world. Forgive me when I have become annoyed when my peace has been invaded by an unwanted call. May I use those opportunities to tell the caller about you. Give me strength and the power of your words. In the name of Jesus, the ‘Word-made-flesh,’ I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Facebook: pages/Doris Gaines Rapp

If you are in Louisville, KY the evening of Thursday, April 24, drop into Barnes & Noble Summit, 4110 Summit Plaza Dr. where I will be signing, Escape from the Belfry.

Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment