Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 23, 2014

A TIME AWAY

"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 3:31 NIV)





It’s funny how different each one of us is, a small piece of God’s heart that, when joined together, creates the presence of the Lord on earth. For Jesus and his friends, they needed to get away from the crowds that mobbed him. For me, I needed to connect with people, since I spend so much of my time away from others while writing. Jesus needed a "quiet place." I needed a "people place." Jesus went off with his friends. Bill and I set sail with six-hundred like-minded, spirit-loving readers of Richard Paul Evans’ series - The Walk. We sailed to the Bahamas, then to Key West where we had a celebration of "Alan Christofferson’s" arrival at Key West. Pictures with Richard, Kailamai, and Richard’s wife and family filled our day. You can see the photos on my Facebook page when I return to my home and printer/scanner.




Search your own heart and see what type of respite you need. Then come away, my friends and dear readers, to a place where the Lord God can renew your spirit and nourish your soul. Sometimes, we think we can’t find time for God because we are too busy doing "God’s work." If that is the case, we are doing our own ego’s bidding, not God’s. We cannot do a day’s work without a guideline for the tasks and joy ahead - and that comes from God, not from our own plans and aspirations. Let us pray:





"Dear Lord and Father of us all, we bow before your Holy name. With the sound of the name - God - comes healing, pardon, salvation, grace, love, and peace. Please forgive us when we use your name in a way that is not healing, or a blessing to another. May I dwell within your holiness as the angels in heaven do, so that your will may be done within me. For this very day I have been born, though I may not know what it is. You know and that is enough for me. Use me this day to be a blessing to others, that they may see the fellowship of believers within my outstretched hand. Forgive me when I try to do your work, without stopping to find out what that is.. May "my kingdom," my neighborhood, my life, be ruled by you, Father God. In the name of, and by the power of your Son and my savior, Jesus, the Christ I pray. Amen"

Doris

Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."

Facebook: Doris Gaines Rapp - Author Page

www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment