Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 18, 2014

Resurrection Healing

Paul said . . ."Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12: 8-10

Have you heard the painful accusation, "They are sick because they didn’t have enough faith in God to be healed." How cruel. Where does the Bible say, if we have enough faith we will be perfect? As Paul tells us, God’s power is perfected in our weaknesses. Some are healed in the body and some are given power to do God’s will in spite of their affliction to prove His strength.

All will be made perfect on the Day of Resurrection. For most Christians that is understood as, we will be made perfect when we come into the presence of God, whether that be when we die or when the Lord Returns. This, however, is not a few sentences on a centuries’ old argument over when Jesus will return, or when the faithful will be raised from the dead. I believe He will return, the timing is totally up to God and my opinion will not cause Him to tarry one moment or speed His return by a nanosecond.

We will be given the power to do God’s will here on earth, regardless of our physical limitations. Then, the world will see the might of God in spite of our disabilities. We will be made perfect - have resurrection healing - when we cast off our earth-bound body and soar to the throne of God.

Do not be discouraged if you cannot run fast, preach eloquently, sing beautifully, or even get up off the floor once you have sat down. God has a plan for you that will be fulfilled when we give ourselves over to His power in our lives. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, Abba, Daddy, I bow before you and your plan for my life. You are Holy; I am not worthy of having you direct my life, but I give it over to you willingly. Whatever I do in your name, it will be by your grace and power. Please, accept this flawed life I give you and use it to fulfill whatever you have in mind. Forgive me when I have given away your blessings because it didn’t fit into my busy schedule. May this be the day when excuses stop and I accept your power to perfect my weaknesses. I am healed when I believe in your power to heal, and I let you decide what needs to be healed in me, my body, soul, emotions, relationships, career or flaws I’m not even aware of. In the name of your son Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow - available to order from your local bookstore or online in eBook or print. I will be signing it and Smoke from Distant Fires at the Pow Wow in Tipton, Indiana on Saturday, August 30, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment