Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, March 2, 2015

Focus on Love

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

I know, I know, spring doesn’t begin until March 20 but we do wake up to daylight savings time on Sunday morning. Spring forward into spring. So there is the promise of spring in our near future. The key search word here is, “spring.” I can’t wait!

Then, I thought, how silly is that? “I can’t want” until spring?! So, what is my alternative? Let’s look at our Matthew verse again. At the risk of accusations of rewriting the Bible, let’s turn that verse upside down for a moment. “Therefore do not hurry today, for today has its own joys. Each day has enough love, and peace, curiosity of its own.”

Maybe you’re not at a place where you can still admire the beautiful snow. I know I’m not. But, you can enjoy the day for everything else about March 2. It happens to be my youngest daughter’s birthday. What a great joy! Mandi came into our lives when she was seven and a half months old, frightened and hungry. She has grown into a delightful young woman with two little girls of her own. Joy comes in what you choose to focus on. I choose to focus on all of my blessings, not the depth of the snow outside. You can choose the joys of your life every day, not denying the snow, ignoring it! Let us pray”

“Father in heaven, I love you. I lift my heart to you for you are all that is Holy! May your kingdom of joy and love come into my life today, that I may live with you in paradise here on earth. I ask this day to see joy in everything and cast from my sight all that is corrupting to my soul. Let me bring your love and peace to those around me as I walk along the way with you. Father, there are millions who do not know you as Abba, Daddy-God. Send down your love like a fresh spring rain and fill their lives with love. Love created the world and only Love can save the world. Let me be a love-link that connects you to others, that they may be a link and connect your heart to the whole world. In the precious name of your son, and by the power of his name I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/
Novels:
Length of Days – Beyond the Valley of the 2015 Keepers – now available in paperback and eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment