Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 27, 2015

A Life of Enough

“The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. And, when they measured it by the omer, he who gathered much did not did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little. Each one gathered as much as he needed.”  Exodus 16: 17-16
“But I work just as hard as everyone else and I don’t get anywhere.” I’ve heard this often. What about you? Many times, it is true. Some people get ahead with what seems like little effort and others work their whole lives and never advance Then, I have to ask, “Ahead of what or who?” Is the measure of our success dependent on how much more we have than others? If it is, my friend, we will never have enough.
God planned for us to have all we need, not all we want. He will meet all of our needs! How amazing is that? The God of everything, sorted from among all His treasures, and gave us all that we will need. I know there are some who have nothing right now. I cannot explain the mind of our God who is far beyond our understanding. But, I know he will bless you and me in many ways: loving children, the joy of a beautiful day. You make a list of all you have, but don’t list all you want, or monetary blessings.              
A life of enough is a life of joy and thankfulness. That is where true happiness lies. Come into his fields of beauty and love and bask in the sunshine of his presence. There is enough there, all we need. Let us pray:
“Holy Father, you abound in riches beyond anything I can imagine. You do not bind your treasures in gold sashes, however. You wrap your bricks of gold in the ribbons of your love and your promise to be with me through all of my needs. Thank you that you have provided me with all I need and all I have is enough to meet those needs. Forgive me when I have believed that your love is not enough. May I live this day within a life of enough, for you have provided it all for me. May I feel the fullness of your bounty all around me and may I share your riches with others. In the name of Jesus Christ, your son, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Book signing of News at Eleven – A Novel, Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 11 am to 1 pm at Dorothy’s Hallmark in the shopping center at Huntington, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment