Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, October 19, 2015

MY WORDS - GOD'S WORDS

“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14 (NIV)

How many of you have read social media that begins like this? “I’ve had a ______ day today.” Or, maybe you’ve posted it. Fill in the blank with words you’ve read or used. My friends, if we desire to please the Lord, AT ALL, these words are not acceptable.

“Doris, you’re just old fashioned,” some might say. Perhaps. Others would say that the Bible is also old fashioned and doesn’t apply to today. Really? Then, would you deny the written words of the Bible? Would you deny God? Is that too simple? Perhaps there are things that really are that simple.

It is interesting that the “old fashioned” Bible says that we are to let our words be pleasing in the SIGHT of God. Is it possible that the Lord reads our social media posts? I know that those who seek God through our example read our words. Do we honor God by what we say? Glorify God in all that we do and he will help us bridle our words, both spoken and written. Let us pray:

“Father God, I honor your precious name. May your kingdom come to dwell within me this day, so that I may live with you. Today, I ask you to fill me with words that please you. Sometimes it is hard, for those offensive terms are part of the world in which I live and I walk among them every day. Insulate me from them so that they may not bury themselves in my heart like a virus that could seek to do me and others around me harm. Forgive me when I use words in anger or to impress others. I want only to please you. In the name of your son, Jesus, my savior and redeemer I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Sign up at Goodreads to win one of two copies of my newest book, News at Eleven – A Novel.  https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/155480-news-at-eleven---a-novel

Or, come to one of my book-signings this fall and I’ll sign one for you at the special Author Fair price. My other novels will also be available.
10/24/15             Mt Etna UMW Holiday Bazaar – 9am-2pm. On Rt 9 South of Huntington, IN
11/07/15             Whitley County Historical Museum Author Fair – 1-4pm. Columbia City, IN
11/14/15             Allen County Public Library – Author Fair – 1-4pm. Main Library – Fort Wayne, IN. I also speak on the second panel, “Write On! – Steps to Fabulous Fiction”


No comments:

Post a Comment