Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 25, 2010

GIVE OUT OF OUR ABUNDANCE

On my way to speak at Forest Park United Methodist Church yesterday morning, I “zigged when I should have zagged,” as my father would have said. I had to turn around twice. Yet, God had a way of making my directionally challenged trip a blessing.

I saw a man on a riding lawn mower “walking his dog,” holding the dog leash, as the dog trotted along beside him. We are a lazy bunch of folks, aren’t we? That was my first impression. Then I realized, it is also possible the man was disabled in some way and his effort to take the dog out in the rain may have been more than I would have done with two good legs.

The people of Haiti are left with nothing, no safe place to live, no food or water, no living family members. If we can find unique ways to exercise the family dog, perhaps our offerings can make a positive impact on others as well. I know how difficult the economic situation is in our country at this time, but we still live like royalty as compared to some others around the world.

I am so proud of those who have taken from their tight budgets and have made Health Kits, donated items for the kits, and gave money to the Haiti Earthquake relief. Give with extravagant generosity at this time, in whatever way you can. Let us pray:

“Father God, you have blessed us with an abundance of love and prosperity, unlike anything the world has known before. Your name is Holy to us. Let us see the suffering of your children with your eyes and heart. Forgive us when we have maintained a lifestyle that prohibits generosity. We have heard your people cry. Give us insight into ways we can help you help them. We lift up the people of Haiti, all the relief workers and their families, and pray that you will bring Holy goodness out of their plight. Mend their broken bodies: heal their minds full of sorrow and despair, and shield their souls from turning from you, that they may rise from the rubble and live lives to your glory. In the name of Jesus, our savior and healer, we pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2010 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

Doris Gaines Rapp, Haiti Earthquake Relief: Humanitarian Relief http://earthquakes.suite101.com/article.cfm/haiti_earthquake_relief

Doris Gaines Rapp, The Haiti Earthquake - Traumatized Children http://earthquakes.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_haiti_earthquake_traumatized_children

No comments:

Post a Comment