Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 20, 2010

LOVE CAME TO EARTH

Before the Holy Baby came, law ruled the heart. Since his coming, Love rules the heart and law’s province is the courts. Can you imagine what our lives would be like if there were no love, just law? You don’t have to stretch your imagination too far to envision a world without love. Countries, communities, families, even churches without love have nothing to offer but condemnation. Only love heals. Only love redeems. Only love draws people unto him. The greatest gift of the ages was God’s gift of redeeming love. Christmas is the time of year when love is celebrated, on the birthday of the King of Love. Let us pray:

“Father God of Love and Life, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus, the Christ. I pray that you will make your home in my heart this Christmas season for I want your will and your love to reign there. Forgive me when I am “too busy,” “too tired,” or “too anything else” to make room for my King, the sovereign over the Kingdom of Love. May this be my first Christmas of living in your will, oh Father. Let me hear angels from the realm of Glory, the rustle of animals as they draw near the manger, and the tiny coo of the Baby above the din of a bustling December. You are always near me but only in the calm am I truly aware of you. Fill me with the peace that was heralded by the angels. Let me feel the brush of their wings as they pass by. In the name of Jesus, your son, my Savior, I pray. Amen.”
Doris
Have a very Blessed Christmas!

“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2010 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

Order Prayer Therapy Primer, by Doris Gaines Rapp, at www.bn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment