Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 28, 2011

THE SOUND OF SILENCE IS FULL OF GOD

One hour and fifty-five minutes–that’s how long they had me on hold, all the while playing “music” in my ear. Do they not know that music to some is torture to others?

We are also setting up a new TV today and the cable signal is being programed to our set, while silence settles over the house. Listen. I can hear the birds outside the window in constant conversation about something in their world. If companies with high telephone hold-time were smart, they would have the sounds of robins or the incoming waves of the sea as their hold-music. Another brilliant observation to the day’s events: I could have generated peace rather than mounting frustration by turning off the TV and holding the phone away from my ear.

God gives us his peace every day and we, or I, want to “just finish this task” and then I will wait for His voice of love. I am amazed by my ability to run from the grace of God. We are now hearing a cacophony of political messages about how the whole world is standing on the edge of the abyss. That may be true, but I know who keeps me balanced. If more of us would call upon the name of God and his love and grace, his voice could call above the pounding noise and say, “Be not afraid, I am here. Trust me and I will give you peace and rest.” We can succeed in a time of trial if we trust in him. Let us pray:

“Dear Lord and father of love and peace, we praise your holy name. May your kingdom of love come to us this day so we may serve you as do the angels in Heaven. Father, how soon we forget that you are in charge. We live in your world, and all that is there in, is yours. We run around as if all our scurrying were important. May we hear the bird’s song today and smell the ground, wet with melting snow. May the voices of our loved ones be heard above the din of the world. We know that there are those who are struggling for freedom around the world. We pray in the name of your son, Jesus, that freedom and democracy are what they will find. You, oh Father, have found a home in our hearts. Let us pass that love on to others. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment