Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Friday, December 2, 2011

GREAT IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD (Advent 6)

LUKE 1: 14 He (Zechariah and Elizabeth’s son) will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

“Would ya rather be great in the sight of the Lord or in the sight of man?” Most blame God for not giving them the desires of their corrupted heart. “If God won’t answer my prayer for prosperity, then I won’t believe any more.” These words are spoken in secret and are not heard by the world. But, they are clearly heard by God.

“Red Rover, Red Rover, send God right over?” No, God is usually they last one chosen to play on our team, when it was his team all along.

LUKE is saying, for us to have great joy and the delight of our heart, we should thank God for all He has given us. The world can give no greater gifts than the gifts of the heart that come only from God. Let us pray:

“Father God, I choose you first in my life. Like Elizabeth and Zechariah, your presence and blessing will be my great joy! Forgive me when I have chosen the bully rather than the strength of my life. For this I am ashamed. May I be your servant in this world, spreading your love and salvation and peace wherever I have been led by you. In the name of Jesus, the Child of the Christmas Star I pray. Amen”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment