Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

SEEK THE SOURCE IN GOD (Advent 10)

LUKE 1: 23 When his (Zechariah’s) time of service was completed, he returned home.
24 After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. 25 “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.”

“I know the source of my great joy,” Elizabeth might have said. She certainly knew she was blessed and, if blessed, whom she would acknowledge and thank.

Funny, when things go wrong in our life we often blame God. “Why did God do this?” Or, “Why did he let that happen?” But, when our joy is fulfilled, we think it is luck, our own hard work, or whatever earthly cause we can imagine. Seek the true source of your blessings and call Him “Amazing . . . Wonderful Counselor . . . Almighty God.” Why would someone deny that God, the creator of the Universe, was working in their own life, making it awesome beyond words to express? Why would they prefer to say, “My life, oh it’s uneventful, the same old everyday stuff?” What if they could say, “My life? I walk each day with God and He blesses my every step? Let me tell you about the time . . . ” Let us pray:

“Almighty God, I lift up your name in praise. Please, let me walk with you as you lead the way forward. Let me begin today to see your hand working in my life so clearly that I find the soft, white feathers of angels’ wings along my path. Forgive me when I forget, or neglect, to give you the credit for all the blessings you lavish on me, from the perfect sunrise, to the radiant glow at the end of the day. Thank you for every precious moment of my life, Father God. In the name of Jesus, the Christ the shepherds sought, I pray. Amen.”
Doris
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2011 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment