Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 15, 2013

Are You Caesar’s or God’s?

"Then Jesus said to them, ‘Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.’ And they were amazed at him." Mark 12:17 (NIV © 2011)

For those of you who are unaware, today is tax day here in the United States. What I love about it is, it’s a wonderful opportunity to identify and claim whose I am. Do I belong to the world or to God?

We spend a lot of time in the world of work, commerce and acquiring-stuff. We may believe our paycheck is a symbol of how successful we are. "I have more stuff than you do," seems to be a common measure of acceptability. Friends, the only things of true value are those we acquire for God. We are Easter people - People of the Cross.

There is no pecking order in the Kingdom of God. When you have invited the Holy Spirit into your heart and walk in the path of Jesus Christ, you have royal blood flowing through your veins. The king of all is Abba - our Daddy/Father. There is no "upper class," "middle class," and certainly no "lower class" in heaven. Do you belong to the world (to Caesar) or to God? How could anyone choose to walk the lonely life of "not-enough" here on earth, rather than the walk of holiness and endless abundance with the indwelling Lord? Today, give your heart, soul and service back to God. Your rebate in love and peace is greater than anything the world has to offer. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, lover of my soul, I give my life back to you. I pray that my success is measure in your love and peace. What is due to "Caesar" today, is only money. What is due to you, is my eternal life. Holy are you and precious is your sacred name. May I share the story of your love with everyone along my way that they see you and not me. Only you are worthy of praise. Forgive me when I have been frivolous with the sacred breath of life you have given me. You have breathed your spirit into me and I am not to hoard it. I am to pass it on. May I do that graciously, in the name of Jesus Christ your son and my Savior. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."  Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

For children and teens, go to: http://www.directbuybooks.comhttp://inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment