Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 22, 2013

LOVE NEVER FAILS


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13
(NIV © 2011)

We are people of the cross. We are people of love. Love will never understand hate, for those who love have matured in Christ and have turned their backs on hate. Love will never understand self-aggrandizement or anger, for those who love have put away self-centeredness and childish temper tantrums. Love protects and does not destroy. We are Father-God’s children and followers of the way that leads to Him through the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Now, Love will always win.
Does our love mean that bad things will never happen? No. Look at Boston and West, Texas. We live in the world of man. But, our hearts and souls reside in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Woe to him who chooses hate, because they will live in a world of hate and pain. Woe to him who chooses impatience, because they will live in a world of anxiety and anger. Woe to him who chooses greed and plenty, for they will never have enough.

For Easter people, the people of the Cross, the choice is clear. We claim Jesus. We choose Love— and we will abide in Love in all we do. Praise the Lord God almighty! Let us pray:

"Holy Father, your name is precious beyond words, beyond worlds. Some may pray to a god, but Jesus gave us the power to prayer to Abba, Father God. Papa God, you comfort the weary and broken, you bind up the injured in body and heart, you forgive our sins—you give us grace and redemption—you fill us with your Love and Peace. Forgive us when we have been called but have turned our eyes to the ways of the world. We were childish and we were afraid we might lose ourselves in you. Today, I stand up and ask that you take my whole life and use it for your purposes, whatever that may be. I no longer want to be only your child. I choose to be your dependable servant, a follower of the Way, a vessel of your Holy Spirit, a disciple of your Son and my Lord, Jesus the Christ. In his powerful and unfailing name I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp
 
For children and teens, go to:
http://www.directbuybooks.comhttp://inmyprayerchair.blogspot.com And . . .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prayer-Chair/476665319066226 (copy and paste to address line if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment