Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 17, 2013

IN MY NEST AND IN MY NEXT

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29 (NIV©2011)

It is evening, rather than Monday morning. I attended a continuing education seminar for psychologist today and I wondered how many of us attend C.E. events for parents and grandparents. Oh, I know many of us have had classes on how to diaper a newborn and how not to drown them in their first bath.

Then it occurred to me that some of us may not refresh our Christian education beyond our introduction to Christ any more than our parenting skills. I can’t imagine parenting a child without a knowledge of how children grow in body, mind and spirit. And, I find it hard to see how a person can grow in the Lord when they aren’t fed. In Escape from the Belfry, Adam hid rather than reveal his lack of knowledge and understanding of Christ. Do we do the same?

I wonder if the well nourished in Christ, sit in their comfortable nest like a baby bird, with their mouth wide open. Or, do we mature in the Way of the Lord and forage for every kernel of faith-corn that we can find? God will feed us. So . . . we can be infants in the Lord and wait for food, or, we can be disciples in the Lord and receive ALL he has to offer, both in our nest and in our next. Next steps we take in God’s kingdom to glean as much food as our minds and souls can hold. Let us pray:

"Father God, we want whatever relationship with you that you desire. If I am only ready for baby bird feed, I thank you Blessed Lord for feeding me. If I am ready for the meat at your table, I gladly receive it and will work in your fields to bring food to others. Forgive me when I have been lazy and childish and have waited for you to serve me, rather than I who would wait on you. I want to take up your son’s yoke, walk beside Him, and learn all He has to teach me. May I lovingly walk beside others and show them the way to your house. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment