Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 27, 2014

HEAT IN EVERY SNOWFLAKE

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1

“Red Alert” - the phone message announced on Saturday, around 1:00 p.m. That meant no one was permitted to be on the roads from that point, through 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. And, even after that, the Warning status was changed to Watch, which meant no driving, but we wouldn’t be arrested if we did.

Some may have said, “Ain’t it awful?” I prefer to focus on the promise behind the difficulty. Since most churches in the area had to be cancelled, we stayed home and watched Joel Osteen. His message was about believing the promises of God, even when the world doesn’t give us signs of His fulfillment. 

I thought about that this morning. With the books I have been writing, I am sure I am obeying the words He gives me. It doesn’t matter if only one person reads them or many. I have done my job. Just recently, Cokesbury has opened their on-line book store to my book, Escape from the Belfry. Only God can direct us when we have no idea where we are going. 

Then I thought of the promises He has given us over and over and how some of us dwell only on the downside of life. Wait. Be patient. Be obedient. Be faithful as He is faithful. There is an “after” that follows the hardship. What comes “after” is God’s promise.

There is heat in every snowflake. 
There is sunshine in every cloud. 
There is laughter in every tear. 
There is hope in every failure. 
There is love in every rejection. 

I know because: It’s not about you. The snow wasn’t sent to inconvenience you personally. The clouds are not above your head only. A rejection is usually more about what is happening in the rejecter’s life, not because of who and what you are. 

Look for the green leaves that will appear on the barren tree. See the goodness in those who mask sadness with anger. And, feel the promise of warmth in every snowflake. Let us pray:

“Holy father, you are faithful in everything, in every seed, in every promise. Let my faith increase to accept those promises. May this be the day when I say, “I believe you Abba.” Let me live each day, showing the world whose I am. In the name of Jesus, my Savior and Lord, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp 

Escape from the Belfry is available at Cokesbury: www.cokesbury.com, www.archwaypublishing.com bookstore, www.amazon.com and www.b&n.com and others. 

Website:  www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment