Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, September 15, 2014

He is Here all the Time

"After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." John 14: 19-20 NIV

"Why does God seem so distant sometimes?" Have you heard someone say that? I have.

Jesus said, even when the world cannot see him anymore, he will be with/in God, and we will be in him and he will be in us. Reread that. Not just that we will be in him, although that is a marvelous thing, but he will be in us and in God. Therefore, we will also be in God and he in us.

If anyone has moved in this great triangular fellowship, we have. God remains the same. He is not distant from us. We choose to be distant from him. Just imagine, he is here all the time. Let us pray:

"Father, God, you are the rock that anchors me to heaven, to the Christ and to you. You never move away, nor do you sleep. As I enter into this cooler, autumn season I am aware that some of my friends and family are ill or sick of heart. You are at peace, Father, and Jesus is with you and I am with you both. Lay your hand of comfort on me, my friends and family, so that I and they may feel your healing. I know that you have far greater plans for me than any I could imagine and my length of days is written in your book. I also believe that my days are only numbered here, for eternity lies within you, and that is where I am, too. Forgive my need to wish for lesser things than the gold streets of Heaven. I want what you want, Father. I give up my need to try to control you and ask that you be my guide and shepherd. In the name of, and by the power of, Jesus, your son, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine." Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Other books by Doris Gaines Rapp:
Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow
Smoke from Distant Fires
Escape from the Belfry
Length of Days - The Age of Silence all four can be ordered from your local bookstore or online in print or eBook form. They are all also available at www.cokesbury.com.
New in October: Waiting for Jesus in a Can’t Wait World (an Advent Devotional book with additional food for thought items for you to email, post and text your friends and family.
Also, in October: Prayer Therapy of Jesus - Second Edition, the prayer model for these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment