Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, September 22, 2014

WRITTEN ON HIS HANDS

"See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem's walls in ruins." (Isaiah 49: 16 New Living Translation)

God will never forget his children. Isaiah spoke of his love for Israel and even while it stood in rubble, he remembered every name. The marvelous parallel is, Jesus our Savior will never forget us, our names are written in the wounds on the palms of his hands.

I have received several prayer requests in the last few days: physical and mental illness, death, feelings of abandonment and as many more as there are those who are in pain. God will bring healing to his children, in his time and within his plan.

We hear the dreaded news from our physician and pray that we will be healed. We stand beside the bed of our dying loved one and pray for recovery, only to have them slip away. We see our children exercise their independence, the very thing we have trained them to do during all their years of growing up in our home, but feel rejected when they leave. My precious friends, God has your name, and the name of your loved one, written in blood on the hand of his own Son. There is absolutely no way he will let them slip through his fingers, untouched by his love and grace.

Healing of body, healing of relationships, and healing of the pain that follows the death of someone close, will come. It can do no less. Jesus Christ reaches out his pierced hands and blesses us and others, every time we call on him. Let us pray:

"Father, God, I recognize your holy presence all around me. I ask that your perfect will be done in my life and the lives of those I love. Heaven is full of those who went before us, making wide the way first opened by your son Jesus. May Heaven come near and set up your kingdom in my life as I surrender my desires and plans to you. For this day, I ask for your healing hand on my body and on those I name. Take away any fear and anger and anxiety that accompany the illnesses we have. I know that the negative emotions contribute to the weakening of the body. Free me from my desire to control whom you will heal and in what manner. Release me from my need to tell you what is a better plan for me and my loved ones than our perfect plan. I thank you that power and glory are yours alone. I pray all these things in the name of Jesus, in whose palms my name, and the names of all those I have lifted up in prayer, are written. Amen"
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp

Other books by Doris Gaines Rapp:
Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow
Smoke from Distant Fires
Escape from the Belfry
Length of Days - The Age of Silence

New in October: Waiting for Jesus in a Can’t Wait World (an Advent Devotional book with additional food for thought items for you to email, post and text your friends and family.

Also, in October: Prayer Therapy of Jesus - Second Edition, the prayer model for these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment