Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 26, 2015

Your Breath in Me

“God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:24 (NIV)

“This is the breath I breathe. . . . Your holy presence, living in me.” These words are in the first verse of the wonderful chorus, Breathe, by Michael W. Smith. John 4 tells us that God is spirit. Perhaps we can experience God with our very breath, breathing in God’s spirit, exhaling the staleness inside.

The Bible tells us the name of God is Yahweh or YHWH, as there were no vowels in the Hebrew language of the Old Testament. Someone once said that Yahweh means “air” or “breath,” YaaaWeeeh. So, God is the very breath we take. We walk through air with our every step. And yet, we say, “Where are you God?” When we live in God and he in us, we are in His kingdom whether we acknowledge it or not – he is there, in the each breath we breathe. We cannot seek God “out there.” God is found “in here,” when we worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Let us pray:

“Holy Father, you are spirit and I find you in spirit and in the truth of the words Christ taught us. May I realize your kingdom around me and within, as the angels in Heaven breathe in your presence. Today, I choose to breathe in your spirit and exhale the dark clouds that bind me. Inhale your spirit, exhale darkness. Inhale your spirit, exhale darkness. Forgive me when my mind tells me it can’t be that easy and I seek you in the world. You are found within the spirit I have invited to live within me. For this amazing miracle, I give you thanks and glory. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Some of the Books by Doris Gaines Rapp

Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at  http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/ - page 50-51

Post-to-Phone Messages
Prayer for Release of Anxiety


No comments:

Post a Comment