Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, February 2, 2015

Groundhog Day Déjà vu

“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds;  and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.Ephesians 4:22-24 

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today, so that means, in rodent terms, six more weeks of winter. Put that furry-fellow aside and remember, since the first day of spring is not until March 20, six weeks from now, “Phil’s” ability to predict the weather is just wishful thinking. If you have seen the movie, Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, you know the day repeats itself over and over, the same each morning, until Murray’s character learns some vital lessons of life.

We are taught in Ephesians to be made new by a change in the attitude of our mind. Yet, we live out our lives, as if it were Groundhog Day every day. If you’re like me, however, that feeling of déjà vu, “I’ve experienced this before,” doesn’t occur. We stumble in the same water puddle and never think to step aside.

Today is your lucky day! I invite your to re-read Ephesians 4:22-24, put off your old life and put on your new self by changing your attitude. God intended you to be the very best you he had in his mind and heart. Yet, we continue to hang our head and choose to re-live the mistakes of yesterday, over and over again. The point is, “What are you supposed to be learning from your mistakes?” When you tackle that question, you will then be able to step into your New Self, in true righteousness and holiness. Since fear is the basic emotion, you can start there. Turn your fear over to him and he can help you break the old patterns of your life. Let us pray:

“Father God, Lord of my life, holy is your name — that name above all names. I ask this day that I may step into your kingdom here on earth, so that your will may be done within me. Today, Father, please rid fear from my life. Shake fear’s grip on me and send it as far from me as the east is from the west. Forgive me when I seize fear back from your grasp because living a life of fear is more familiar than living a life of holiness. I claim your promise in Ephesians and turn fear over to you and take on an attitude of victorious living. For this new life, I pray in the name of Jesus, your son. Amen”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Books by Doris Gaines Rapp
Novelette:
News at Eleven (Glo Magazine Jan, Feb, March, and April 2015 – now on newsstands and online at  http://www.glo-mag.com/view-our-issues/ - page 50-51

Post-to-Phone Messages
Prayer for Release of Anxiety


No comments:

Post a Comment