Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 8, 2009

GRADUATION DAY

For many high school and college students, this is the season for graduations, as former students begin their real life. My friends, today is as real as it gets! And, today is a commencement, a new beginning, for everyone who awaken each day with opportunity ahead of them. When you postpone living for a hoped-for tomorrow, tomorrow never arrives and today is lost forever to the past, along with the joy, love, presence and favor of God in the present day. If living is saved for the future, beginning never happens and your future never comes, just another tomorrow. The secret of living is to graduate every day to the promises and opportunity the present has to offer. History is unchangeable and the future is illusive and distant God is in the present. Live your new day, every day, with the Lord, in His exquisite presence of His present moment. Let us pray:

“Oh Lord God, sacred and holy is your name. I pray that you come and make your home in my heart this very day, not just tomorrow or some day, but in this very moment. Open my eyes to the beauty of your present moment and the love that can be shared in the now. Your breath is felt in the fresh excitement of today, not the stale air of yesterday or the not-there-yet tomorrow. I pray that you will touch my shoulder today and reveal your presence in the present. Forgive me when my own plans and daydreams have placed me in the future and not in the reality of how I can serve you and love others in each new day I’m given. Let me never forget, I won’t find my completion and identity in what I have, but in how I love. To you, oh God, I give all praise and honor and glory. In the name of, and by the power of, your precious son, Jesus the Christ, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment