Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, June 1, 2009

SUMMER!

For many of us, summer begins today! Why? Regardless of your age - school is out! I know . . . summer doesn’t start until June 21, but not to the inner child. We say, “Welcome to summer!” Summer means freedom, more outdoor play, sleeping late, and vacation. To most adults, during times like these, we hardly realize the beauty of the season because we are worried about finances, political decisions, and the attempt at silencing the Christian voice in America. I encourage you to stop stewing about it and make some stew. Throw in a carrot for the politicians - your letter promising to withhold your vote if their radical policies are carried through; a potato with its roots deeply planted in the word of God through regular Bible study, a pound of meat as you lean on the strength of God through faith and prayer, and broth as you seek out a tea party for July’s big opportunity to make your presence visibly known. Add in the spice of your own positive, forgiving, accepting, loving personality, and you have a stew fit for a banquet for the Lord. The key is doing rather than complaining. Look around your corner of God’s kingdom, the flowers are blooming and everything is green again, just as He promised. And, He promised to bless His children who call upon His name and acknowledge Him to the world. On this day, rather than creating negativity all around you, begin to make stew in the beauty of His world, and serve generous portions to those around you. Let us pray:

“Oh Loving Father, you are far more than we know or will ever understand. We cannot hold you in a bottle like our genie in a jug, but you hold us each day in the palm of your hand. Holy is your name. May your Spirit come to my life, so I may experience your Kingdom of God on this very day. I ask that you so fill me with your love and energy, so I move out of my safe place and step into a great new adventure of standing for you within my community and country. Show me opportunities to speak up and speak out, before our voices and your witness, are silenced. Forgive me when I have only repeated the problem but have not stood up and become part of your solution. Mark your paths clearly, for I am blind in this new world that has been thrust on us by the very people we have elected to represent us. You can bring Glory out of chaos, oh Father. In the name of your precious son, Jesus Christ our Savior, I pray for presence in my life, that blessed burst of pure white light that will cleanse our world and save us from our own laziness and lack of watching at the wall. Amen”
Doris.
“Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment