Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, April 9, 2012

A NEW LIFE BEGAN

Matthew 28: 16-20

16. Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20. and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Because of Easter, a new life began for the disciples and followers of Jesus. They were called to so much more. They were to go to all nations, make disciples, baptize them and teach them to obey. They will not be doing it on their own, Jesus will be with them always. That last assignment was the monumental task!

Have you ever taught a child or a wayward adult to obey? In the Matthew passage, however, Jesus does not say he would hold the teacher responsible for the student’s learning. It is our responsibility and privilege to teach about the Kingdom of God and what Jesus revealed to us.

You might ask, "How do I know what Jesus told his disciples beyond what was written in the Bible?"

Jesus wants us to preach the Gospel and teach what he revealed to you and to me. That is our witness. Obedience to God is the responsibility of the listener, and we are to be obedient in our teaching. Jesus will be with us in our own personal ministry. Easter changed the world for all of us!

Because of Easter, salvation is possible for those who believe and are obedient to God. Eternal Life is given to these who are faithful and live a resurrection life. Let us pray:

"God and father of Easter, I adore you and praise your holy name. I pray, this day after the resurrection of your son, that I may find my home in you and you send your Holy Spirit to live in me. I pray that you find me obedient to your calling, to tell those I meet about what you have done in my life. I know I will not stand alone for Jesus the Christ will be with me. Forgive me when I am weak and may be disobedient. Know that my heart is willing. In the name of Jesus Christ, who knows me better than I know myself, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Visit, www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment