Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, April 8, 2012

UP FROM THE GRAVE HE AROSE

Matthew 28: 1-10

1. After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3. His appearance was like of lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you."
8. So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

Oh how they loved him, then he died and was sealed in a tomb. His disciples, his family, his followers loved the actual creator, the embodiment of Love. Then, suddenly he was gone.

Their only experience of death, the loss of their old ones and those who were sick, had taught them that their beloved teacher was gone and, of course, would not come back. Some even knew he was the Messiah but had no idea what that meant in this tragic situation. Then came the morning!

The Refrain from Christ Arose by Robert Lowry
(Copyright 1874 Public Domain) expresses what happened that glorious morning.

[Up from the grave He arose, With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain, And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!]

Will this be the Easter that you believe him? Will this be the Spring that a fresh life rises up within you and takes over your life? The Messiah has come and he can live within us as the Holy Spirit if we will invite him in. Let us pray:

"Oh Lord my God, I stand in awe in your presence. The Kingdom of God is at hand as Jesus said it was! The angel at the tomb told the women to not be afraid. And, I have decided that I will not fear. I know that doesn’t mean there will be nothing in my life that is dangerous or threatening. I will choose not to fear but to trust in you for I am asking you to enter my life and make your home here, I in you and your Word in me. Forgive me when I have not believed that there was an Easter Morning, when your son, Jesus, conquered death and rose from his grave. Hallelujah! Christ Arose! May every day of my life be a fresh, new Resurrection Sunday! In the name of Jesus Christ the Lord, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment