Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, April 7, 2012

WAITING THE COMING DAY

It is Saturday and the Gospel is silent about the day. The disciples grieved, I’m sure. They were probably confused. They thought Jesus was going to establish his kingdom, but he died on the cross instead. He told the thief on the cross beside him that he would be with him in Paradise that very day. What we think about how Jesus spent the day after Good Friday is reflected in Robert Lowry hymn, Christ Arose (Copyright 1874 Public Domain).

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus my Savior,
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed,
Jesus my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead,
Jesus my Lord!

There are creative folks who believe that Jesus was in other places on Saturday. That he was here and went there. What I truly believe is that Jesus was a real person who lived in history. He was God incarnate. He was crucified, died, was buried, and tomorrow we will hear how he rose from the dead, braking the chains of death. What he did the day after his death is not recorded in scripture except to say that he was in the borrowed tomb of Joseph of Arimathea.

Jesus Christ does not need me to validate his experience. It is silly arrogance to think that my opinion about where he was at any point in his life would determine the facts of his existence. He was and is and ever more will be. Jesus was exactly where his father, God, wanted him to be because he was obedient. Let us pray:

"Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus, the long awaited Christ, holy is your name and the name of your Messiah. We praise you and long to live in your kingdom like the thief who was promised Paradise. Today is the day Jesus slept, Father, and waited for the day of all days, when death would be defeated. Father, I ask for nothing for myself. I only ask that those who do not yet know you may feel your warm presence so surely this day that they stop and touch the spot of your contact. If I can say or do anything to help them discover you while you are reaching out to them, lay it on my heart. Please, Father, I do not want to know who it is or under what circumstances. It is not about me. It is all about you. In the name of the resurrected Christ I pray. Amen"

Doris "God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment