Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET ME GO

(Scripture: Psalm 13:5)

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.*

Whom are you living for—yourself, others or God?

If you are living for yourself, you will never find that perfect satisfaction of a full life for we are incomplete except in God’s hands. Our soul is linked to God, it comes from God, lives fully through God and returns to God at the end of our Length of Days. If you are living for yourself, you have totally abandoned that middle section of living fully as we were intended to live, connected to God our Creator.

If you are living for others, you will never satisfy them. They have their own agenda and you will spend your entire life trying to fit into a scheme or meet the goals that are not your own and certainly not God’s.

If you are living for yourself or others and not God, your soul will return to God at the End of Your Days, no bigger than the infant you were when you came here. A total life lost to selfishness and failure at the hands of others.

When we live for God, through God and in God, we find a love that will never fail us and we find rest and comfort there. Give back to God the life that is His so that in the unknowable depth of His love, your life may be rich and full. Let us pray:

"Dear Lord and Father of us all, I claim your promised love, a love that is more deep than the deepest sea. You are my Creator, my Guide, my friend and the one who will always be there, who will never let me go. I stop this day. I stop trying to find the next pretty thing to please my eyes; I stop trying to live my life to please others. I give you back the life I owe, that in your ocean depths it may richer and fuller be. Forgive me when I give you my life on Sunday and take it back on Monday. You are the one who loves me most, loves me best and loves me forever. Help me to keep my eye on your face and the cross of your Son, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

*Oh Love That Will Not Let Me Go
George Mattheson 1882 Public Domain

Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment