Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, July 15, 2013

HALF WAY GONE - HALF WAY LEFT

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8 (NIV © 2011)

It’s July 15. I think of this date as the half way point for summer. In past years, I have been saddened by how much of the summer I have missed. I see how busy I am and wonder why I haven’t sat out on the deck or taken more walks. I realize, I would then wonder why I hadn’t written more pages or met more wonderful people in bookstores if I had been out on the hot deck swatting flies. The summer may be half gone, but there is still half of the summer left.

We spend far too much time grieving over if only, instead of embracing what if. What if I finished Length of Days - Beyond the Valley a little later than planned and took three of our grandchildren to Chicago to visit their cousin; or have a tea party for the little grandchildren out on that deck, when the sun is low, and enjoy all the chatter and fun; or get that letter out to the friend in a nursing home and imagine a moment of joy in her life? Sure, then this summer would have been gone for good, but I would have chosen to think about what is true and lovely in the world (and do the same), rather than sit alone complaining that life is flying by too fast. A life of love will soar past, like angel wings that have taken to the sky. Live all of your life . . . not just the few moments you’re willing to give to it. Let us pray:

"Heavenly Father, Abba/Papa to our Lord and Savior Jesus, we bow before your precious name. May your kingdom of love and peace come into our lives this very moment, so that we may live in the what if of life rather than the if only. For this day, open our eyes that we may see your hand in all we do. Your miracles are all around us but we dwell on the rocks of the ground and the steps we take, rather than the beauty of the surroundings you choose to place us in. We think on the woe is me of life rather than the great are you. For this we are sorry and choose to dwell on the past no more. We know that you will give us the strength and vision to see your path, through the eyes of our Master, Jesus, your son and our redeemer. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp  

Saturday July 20, 2013 1pm - Book Signing at Barnes & Noble, The Shoppes of Beavercreek, Beavercreek, OH

www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment