Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, July 1, 2013

YOU CAN’T FIND HAPPINESS

"But you are holy, O you that inhabit the praises of Israel." Psalm 22:3 [King James 2000 Bible (©2003)]

I have heard unhappy people rehearse these complaints over and over. You can think of others:

"When I win the lottery, then I will be happy!"

"When I retire, I’ll finally be happy."

"If my spouse would change, then I’ll be happy!"

My friends, you can’t find happiness, because it was never lost. It lives in the joy of each moment. Happiness is not in when or if. Happiness can never be a goal. It can never be captured, won, or conquered. You already have joy, but you let others and future events, real or imaginary, define you.

You cannot change anyone else: your spouse, your child, your family, your boss. You can only change yourself. Other people’s behavior does not have to dictate your happiness or change your beliefs about yourself. Joy is found within each one of your thoughts, each praise to God.

The Bible tells us, God lives in (inhabits) our praises. When we choose joy in all we do; when we praise God in our daily activities, we find joy. Rehearse a favorite Scripture verse or sing a beloved hymn or chorus . . . and dwell on that. Since happiness can never be a goal, the place to find the joy and peace of the Lord is in our praises of Him. Let us pray:

"Oh loving Father, you inhabit the praises of Israel, and by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the praises of Christians as well, I bow before your glorious presence. I am filled with awe that you actually live in the praises I offer you. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the love and grace you offer every moment of every day. My happiness lives in you as you live in my words of praise. Forgive me when I let the world tell me if I am happy or when I let acquiring the things of the world define my happiness. I know that is completely impossible, so now I admit to my fantasy-living. I welcome the realness of you in my life, every moment of every day. Happiness rides in on the melodies of the praise songs I sing to you. In the name of Jesus, your son and my savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

www.dorisgainesrapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment