Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, March 24, 2014

FINGERPRINTS OF GOD

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." Romans 12: 4-5   

Saturday, I wanted a few boxes of remaining Girl Scout cookies. I placed my little notebook and purse on the cookie table in front of Huntington, Indiana’s Wal-Mart to pay for them. Then I went shopping - but wait - No, my grocery list, A.K.A. the little notebook, was missing.

Sunday afternoon, I opened my email to this message. "I think I have your notebook. We were at Wal-Mart today selling Girl Scout cookies. We discovered the book, but didn’t know who it belonged to. I called Elaine, whose number was in your book, and she gave me your web address. It looked to have some notes that you would really miss! If it’s your notebook, please call me!" - Jennifer

You ask, "Who is Elaine? A relative? A church friends?" No, she is the computer layout person Ingram recommended to upload my book, Length of Days - The Age of Silence, cover and manuscript to their book distribution system. A neighbor? No . . . Jennifer lives ten miles away from me here in Huntington County and Elaine lives in Texas. So, my little notebook took the long way home.

I continue to be amazed by God’s goodness and faithfulness. The notes that were especially important from the pages of my little notebook, were the ISBN numbers I had assigned to two of my newest books, Smoke from Distant Fires and Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow. During my fogging-brained bout of flu a week or so ago, I had already mixed up the numbers with the Library of Congress. But, the Lord God knows me far better than I know myself. He was watching out after my hurried and harried days and selected two other people, twelve-hundred miles apart, to complete the body of Christ needed to keep all my details juggling in the air. Wow, what mighty God we have! When people are willing to help Him help the rest of us, little miracles happen all around us. Blessed be the name of the Lord! Let us pray:

"Father God, Lord of Heaven and earth, we bow before your lavish love. Holy is your name and the name of your son Jesus. May today be the day when I finally yield all to you, so that I may rest in your peace as do the angels in Heaven. You bless me with your fingerprints on my life every day but I am usually too busy to notice. Open my eyes that I may see . . . open my ears that I may hear . . . open my heart that I may love as you love. Forgive me for my elective blindness and self-imposed silence, when you cry out from the far hills, calling me to love. May this be the day when I say ‘yes’ to you. In the name of Jesus, your son and my savior, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2014 Doris Gaines Rapp
Website: www.dorisgainesrapp.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment