Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Let All the World Know

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that thy may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”  Matthew 5: 14-16

Each week, I check the stats from my blogs. This week, on my Prayer Therapy blog, besides readers from here in the United States, there were also some from Germany, Romania, China, the United Kingdom, Portugal, and Ukraine. Week after week there are similar readers. I have been blogging for several years so far and have a total of 12,452 pageviews. That’s not a lot as compared to Laura Ingraham's new blog, LifeZette.com (Life Explained), which was just placed online a few months ago and probably has that many readers already. Ingraham, introduced as the Editor-in-Chief when she appears as a guest on TV shows, is another case of a successfully self-published author/editor with her online publication.

You may not want to blog, or write, or speak in public, but what you do and say in your family and in your community is your opportunity to “let the world know,” to “let your light shine.” I often wonder how my light shines in the world around me. Is my glow so dim I fade into the corner? Or, do I blind others with the wattage I try to push into a space?

Don’t hide your light by dimming it with modest, low self-esteem. We are not to esteem ourselves brighter than others. Our Light from the Lord is not about measuring up, or down, to the luster or dullness of others. We are to shine with the light of the Father within us and share His love with others. Let us pray:

“Father of Light and Love, I bow before your brilliance. You are the Light that gives Life to all. Fill me with your brilliance so that your light spills out of my being and shoots out like life-changing bolts. Let this be the day when I choose to shine for you, so that others may see your light and therefore - live. Forgive me for the times when I have hidden your beams from others, for fear the light would put me in the center. I know I will never be alone in the middle when you are the one who shines inside me. Take away my fear that others will misunderstand my motives, when my only purpose is to serve you. In the name of your son, my savior, Jesus Christ I pray.  Amen”
Doris
Doris Gaines Rapp
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp 

No comments:

Post a Comment