Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 3, 2015

Never Alone

“And He who sent me is with me; He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him. As he spoke these things, many came to believe in him.” John 8: 29-30

A few days ago we had a “blue moon.” When I was young, I thought that meant the moon would actually appear as a blue sphere in the night sky. An azure moon is rare. A moon that appears blue is created when the atmosphere is filled with dust and/or smoke particles that are slightly larger than 0.7 micron. According to an article, Blue Moon, July 31, 2015, “the particles scatter the red light making the moon appear blue in color,” like when there’s a dust storm, large forest fire or when a volcano erupts.

The lunar event that appeared last Friday, a blue moon, was the appearance of a second full moon in a single month, July 1 and July 31. As a singer, however, when I hear the term Blue Moon, my mind always goes back to an old song by the same name.

In the words of Blue Moon (1934), lyricist Lorenz Hart (music by Richard Rodgers) describes a lonely, desperate person. “Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.” My friends, we do not have to be alone and unloved. God is with us.

Jesus said that the one who sent him was with him. Why, or how? “. . . for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.” If we are feeling that God isn’t with us, perhaps we are asking Him to honor our plans rather than seeking to follow His order for us and please Him. Let us pray:

“Dear Father, God, you are all that is divine. May your dream come and conquer my heart, so that I may always do the things that please you so that you may dwell within me. Today, I choose to begin a life of doing the things that honor and please you. Forgive me when I have done things that attempt to lift me up and please me. A life lived for myself is a lonely life.  I cannot do these things alone. I need the Holy Spirit to take up residence in my life, to guide me and help me make choices that please you. I know these things are true and possible because Jesus said they were. And, like those you heard him speak over two-thousand years ago, I have “come to believe him.” If the Son of the everlasting God has told us it is true, it cannot be otherwise. Amen.”
Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

Blue Moon, July 31, 2015. http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/blue-moon.html. Viewed 8/3/15

No comments:

Post a Comment