Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, August 17, 2015

Love Never Fails

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  1 Corinthians 13:8
“Oh, come on. What do you mean, ‘Love never fails?’ It has failed me,” a friend protested.
“Maybe love didn’t fail you,” I suggested sympathetically. “Perhaps you failed to love.”
Love creates, Love heals, and Love defines our lives. Love cannot fail us. Failure means we have not achieved our goal. Love cannot be a goal. It is the purpose of our lives. It is “doing” not “achieving.”
Love everyone every day, not for what they do or what they say or how much they have or don’t have. If you fully love, love will fill you. We don’t love for what we will get out of it. When we are filled with Christ, with Love, we are loving.  We are not an imitation of Love; we’re a true reflection of the original. Love cannot fail us. We can only fail Love. Let us pray:
“Father, Holy God, I bow before you, so when I bend to others, Love will spill out. For today, I want to so love that Love is all others see. Forgive me when I have withheld any measure of love, for it is you and your son I am keeping from those I meet. Love is all I have to give, everything else is false bravado. May I not be strong, or brave, just open to you. In the name of your son, Jesus, the embodiment of Love, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Doris Gaines Rapp
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”
Copyright 2015 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment