Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, December 29, 2008

I RESOLVE . . .

New Years Day is three days away. For some, that means a New Year’s Resolution. I’ve never been one to make resolutions since I have grown to know myself well enough to know that my resolve will fade by 8 pm, January 1. This year, for this very time, I would suggest that all of us make a resolution to choose God’s way in 2009. What kind of year would we and those around us have? No more anger; no more doubt; no more pessimism; no more dissatisfaction with what we have; no more clinging to things that bind us; no more cleaving to emotions that harm us; only walking along the Path with Him. How do we make such a resolution? We state our desire to God and let Him take the lead, nothing more. We cannot do it on our own. It is a resolve to trust in Him, to be His servant and not expect Him to serve us. It is a daily walk in Paradise. In 2009, step out into the unknown and find the Holy Spirit there, guiding your path. Wow! Yes, it’s true; it’s real; it’s life lived as God intended; it’s finally turning toward home. Let us pray this personal prayer of Life:

“Dear Father, God. You are more loving than my soul can stand without the shade of Christ’s outstretched arms. May your Holy Spirit come to live within me this very day, even this very year, not because I deserve it but because your son, my savior Jesus Christ, is worthy. I stand here at your feet, willing to be filled with your love and essence. All I can do is bow before you. I know you will do the rest because this is why I live, to be completed within your loving light. I finally believe it is true. I finally accept your gift of grace today, this moment, and I will walk hence forth as your cherished child, grafted into your People of Love by the sacrifice of your son, Jesus. ‘Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God almighty. Early in the morning, my song shall rise to thee.’ And, risen in adoration, your very presence will live in my words of praise, as it was promised in your sacred Word. You live in the praises of your people. Praise the Lord. Whisper love and healing into the hearts of our loved ones, those sick in body, mind, and soul and let them know you are there, making them whole. Hallelujah . . . it is so! In the name of, and by the power of his name, Jesus our redeemer, we pray. Amen.”

Doris
“Copyright 2008 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.”
“God gives us stories that testify to his love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment