Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, May 18, 2009

LIVE LOVED

I just finished reading Wm. Paul Young’s book, The Shack. Whether you have issues with this novel, the basic premise is that we should live each day knowing that God loves us - live loved.

Today, I had one of those interesting mornings, hanging on the telephone for hours (literally) while I got to the bottom of a charge on my phone bill. The financial lesson learned from all of that was, your phone carrier, ATT in our case, can put a block on third party biller - those lovely darlings who charge your phone for services of which you aren’t even aware. But, what is more important, the soul lesson I learned was an application of living loved. I was frustrated beyond reason as I waited on line for forty minutes only to be accidently cut off when a real person actually spoke to me. As my blood pressure rose, (it’s never good when you can actually feel the pressure in your nose), I made a decision to defuse. I repeated slowly and calmly, over and over, “I am loved. I am loved. I am loved.” I could have saved myself some b. p. points by remembering earlier, that in the grand scheme of life, a little time spent praising God while I waited on the phone line, was far better than welling up with anger. I also did a few isometric exercises of my abdominal muscles and should have an improved figure by the end of the day. Decide to praise rather than rage. Let us pray:

“Oh Father of all the world and everything therein, holy and precious is your name. The name of Lord God, the sweet name of Jesus Christ, Emanuel - God with us - always brings peace to my soul. I ask that you come and make your home in the temple of my soul, for you are the only one who can bring peace and joy to my heart. Forgive me when I have forgotten you and have tried to live each mundane experience on my one. Even the smallest task is better done when you are there loving me, showering me with your peace. I ask that you let me be aware of your love each day, a small glimpse of Glory, that I may rest in you. Give me so much love that it spills out on those around me, bubbling up, tipping over, splashing joy everywhere you send me. I pray that I might live my life loved, and that others might quietly see your love in and through me. I do not need to know whom I’ve touched, only that you touch through me. To you, oh God of Heaven and Earth, I give you all praise and glory. In the name of Jesus, who was the first to live loved, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment