Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, November 30, 2009

STILL THANKFUL!

I don’t know about you, but I can be memory challenged for all the blessings God pours down on me. I thank him for all he has done one day, then complain when things haven’t gone as I think they should be the next. There’s that “I” word again. With God, it is all about him - his plan, his time, his blessings, not mine. It’s like a birthday or Christmas present. It’s not really a “present” if it isn’t presented to you as a gift, rather than a fulfilling of an order. I must remember to thank God for every detour from my selected path, because that is where God would have me to go. Perhaps someone I don’t even know, who is loved by the Lord, needs a touch from God that I can deliver on his behalf. Is there any greater task, or privilege, than that? May I never be inconvenienced by doing good. I pray that my walk through life will leave blessings in my wake and not white water that could drown another. Let us pray:

“Dear Father God, creator of all good things, I praise your holy name. I ask you to make your home in my heart that I may walk your path, even when I don’t know where I’m going. I thank you for every blessing you have given me, even those blessings of which I am unaware. Sometimes, I refuse to call myself blessed, because your way is not my way. Oh Lord, I ask that my way is your way, for only on that path will I find my way home to you. You are everything lovely, everything holy, everything glorious, everything powerful, for you are everything good, the one true God. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, our Savior, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2009 Doris Gaines Rapp, Ph.D.
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment